Alanine is an α-amino acid that is used in the biosynthesis of proteins. It contains an α-amino group (which is in the protonated form, −NH3+, under biological conditions), an α-carboxylic acid group (which is in the deprotonated form, −COO−, under biological conditions), and a side chain methyl group, making it a nonpolar, aliphatic amino acid.
Функции и приложения
1. It is mainly used as nutritional supplement and flavoring in food processing industry. It can also be used in the medical industry.
2. It has a good freshness and can promote the effects of chemical flavorings;
3. It has a peculiar sweetness and can improve the taste of the artificial sweeteners, improve the sourness of organic acids and the flavor of vinegar;
4. Its sourness may help salt enter vegetables, improve the quality of salted or sauce-pickled vegetables, cut short the pickling duration and improve the flavor;
5. It can be used as a corrector or buffer in the composition of wine or soft beverage, can prevent bubble wine from ageing and can decrease the odor of yeast;